Alarms & Events
The Alarm Manager is the systems window for viewing and acknowledging all of the systems active alarms. For information as to how alarms are created, please review the Transformations section of the documentation. All of the alarms and events generated by the TagsCollector system originate in a transformation.
For configuring an alarm based on a simple analog value / setpoint scenario, an Analog Offset Value Transformation will likely be the best pick.
Or for an alarm to be generated by an On/Off Boolean tag, then creating a simple Two State Transformation will be sufficient
Alarms and Events are two different methods that can be used to notify users of situations that might require human intervention. Both send messages to the system's Alarm Manager and both are recorded and archived in the Alarm Reports log file.
- Sends a message to the Alarm Manager (new alarms displayed in red)
- Required acknowledgment by an operator (acknowledged alarms displayed in yellow)
- Generates a "Return to Normal" event when the alarm clears (acknowledged alarms are removed from the list and unacknowledged alarms displayed in green).
- Generates an alarm email to users, provided that the associated tag is assigned to an alarm group, and the user is set to receive notifications from that group.
- Sends a message to the Alarm Manager (all events are displayed in blue).
- Removed from the Alarm Manager after the event is acknowledged.
- Does NOT generate a return to normal.
- Generates an event email to users, provided that the associated tag is assigned to an alarm group, and the user is set to receive notifications from that group.
Both Alarms and Events are recorded and archived in the alarm log and listed on Alarm Reports. However, events are generally used in a situation that doesn't require immediate operator intervention.
e.g. Tank-2 refilled to above 90%